Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

{DIY} ReUpholstering a Chair

A Super Easy ReUpholstery

Reupholstering can seem like a daunting task for some.  So start small!  A wooden chair with just an upholstered seat is the easiest, most simple upholstery project for beginners, and it can make the biggest difference.
 This is a $50 chair I picked up from a thrift store.  It was perfect for my client's desk area in their kitchen, but I HATED the fabric they put on the chair.  It had to be changed.
First step, remove the seat.  Usually the seat is just screwed on from the bottom with 4 screws, and it is as easy as taking those 4 screws out to remove the seat. 
This chair seat was lacking some cushion.  So I added some extra cushion. 
Step two, wrap up the chair with your fabric of choice.  I chose a simple coordinating stripe.  And just screw the seat back on from the bottom.
The finished product! 

 I hope Jessica Stout Design's inspires you to do something new with your home today!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing comments, questions, and suggestions! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...