Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Gulf Shores Beach Condo Project

I've been working long into the night hours trying to prep for a trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama.  I will be painting, furnishing, and decorating a client's beach condo there.   Not only is there a lot of preparation that goes into designing a space 13 hours away, but there is a lot of work getting all of my clients here in Indiana organized until I return.

The challenge and pressures of this project will be that I am heading to Alabama with only my paint brushes and tool box and designing and furnishing a space sight unseen!  (photos are all that I have seen)  I am a little nervous, but very optimistic and excited for this project.


So here are the details.....

I will be designing the living room and dining room of a 1 bedroom, 1 bath condominium on the Gulf Shores.  After a recent kitchen remodel, this client is ready to update the main living area of their beach getaway.  I will be purchasing all new furnishings for the spaces, decorating the walls and accessorizing, and painting the entire main living areas -- with the help of my mom and sister who LOVE to do this kind of work as well!  Thank god for them!  It will be a fun girls trip, and since we are driving, a fun road trip!

Without seeing the space in person, it is challenging for me to have a clear design vision of what I will do with the space.  So I am just leaving it up to the shopping, and going to see what we come up with.  Once I find some of the larger, key pieces for the room, I will know what direction to take the design and be able to keep this project within budget.  Of course, I do want to keep a fun beach vibe going in the condo, so here are some ideas I have so far!

The owners already have a great, fairly new navy and white area rug that we are going to keep and work with.  So, the color palette is really going to come from that.  I want to keep the space beachy classic with white and navy throughout most of the space, with a fun pop of orange and turquoise for added interest.





I would love to add some stripes to one of the walls for some added drama without spending a lot of money.  This will add a lot of bang for the buck to the space!  And hopefully make the condo stand out among all of the other condos.  I haven't decided on paint colors, though I have a few in mind.  I am going to wait to see the space in person to decide.


I love the idea of adding in some rustic, antique pieces.  I think that always looks great and adds character to a beach space.  But who knows what we will find!


We might have to get creative and make some of our own artwork for the walls to stay on budget.  I think photos of the beach or town would be great to add to the space.





Check out my Pinterest board for all of my Gulf Shores Beach House inspiration!


To see all of the fun photos along the way of the trip, follow me on Instagram @jessicastoutdesign as I am sure I will be over posting about everything from DIY projects to nights sipping wine on the beach with my mom and sister!!!

Wish us luck!!!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing comments, questions, and suggestions! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...