Pages

Monday, August 15, 2016

Showered with Lots of Love

I have to say, I have the best friends and sisters in the world!  I decided to split up my large baby shower invite list between friends and family and I am so glad I did because we had such a fun girls day that was much more intimate and enjoyable!  I loved how relaxed it was and how we could all just really enjoy each other's company -- it is challenging to get this mommy group all together, at the same time these days.  They were so sweet to attend our "Over the Moon Excited" themed baby shower to celebrate our little guy arriving next month!! (it feels crazy to say "next month" already!)

{my sweet, sweet family who hosted the baby shower at my house.  My sister-in-law with her daughter Finley and my sister, with her daughter Emersyn}

Keeping with the star and moon theme of his nursery, the theme for the day really started with the beautiful invitation by my talented sister, Julie created.  From there, we decided to carry out the theme with the colors of Gold, Silver, Black, and White to keep the decor sophisticated, yet boyish!



{this was my husband's favorite stuffed animal toy when he was a baby, and he has hung onto it all these years}




{I love having baby photos displayed of mommy and daddy at baby showers.  Getting anxious to find out who he will look like}



{I was SO SO impressed by this ombre cake from Kroger.  We just showed them a picture from Pinterest and crossed our fingers they could do some similar.  It turned out better than I ever expected and tasted REALLYgood!}








{Notes from guests written on the diaper for the "Wee Hours"}

A baby shower isn't complete without a couple of games, but I hate the cheesy games.  So we kept it simple with just 2 "games" that were quick and fun!  I've done this a few times at other baby showers I have hosted and it is always fun for any age.  With a sharpie, guests can leave a short note on the diaper for a little laugh during those late night changings.



Now a days, it's so hard NOT to know all about celebrity's lives as everything is so public, so we tested the knowledge of the guests to see if they could match the celebrity mommy to their child.  It was a lot harder than I thought with the crazy celebrity baby names such as "Apple" or naming your daughter a classic boy's name, James.

{"Match the Star to the baby name" game, created by me}

{the winners of the games, each received a planted succulent}


{It's SO fun being pregnant with friends!}

 



{I am SO excited to use my black and white Milk Snob cover!!!  :) It is so versatile and multi-functional.  Check it out HERE. }

 


{My little gift opening helpers -- my neices!}


A full list of vendors for party decorations is below.  If I missed anything you are interested in knowing where we purchased it from, just leave me a comment at the end!!

Invites and Thank You Cards:  JLM Moments and Designs on Etsy
My Outfit:  Dress - Old Navy Maternity
     Kimono - GroopDealz (Stay Warm in Style Seller)
     Turquoise Arrowhead Pendant - GroopDealz (Aneya Boutique)
Cake:  Kroger in Carmel, IN
"Let Them Be Little" wood sign:  Erin Barrett - For the Love of Letters (Hobby Lobby)
"Love You to the Moon and Back" wood sign:  Hobby Lobby
Tassel Banner:  (two banners mixed together) Home Goods & Paper Source
Moccasins:  Made by Molly on Etsy 
Black & White Chevron frame:  Z Gallerie
Paper Pinwheels:  Home Goods
Tin Cake Stand:  World Market
Black & White striped table runner:  Home Goods
Succulent plant:  IKEA
Succulent pot:  small bowl from Target
Games:  both created by me on PowerPoint (feel free to download and print for your next shower)



 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing comments, questions, and suggestions! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...