Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

It's Been Too Long......

I've been busy with some new projects :) .........can you tell by my absence around here?!?  I am SO SO excited about some of the new things I am working on, but unfortunately that means less blogging! :(  I hate that, because I LOVE this little blog of mine and sharing my projects, my life, and my day to day adventures with you.

So, that got me thinking..............

With so many different things going on for me right now, is there something in particular YOU would like to know?  Tell me what I should blog about!!

I am always interested in hearing my family and friends' feedback about my blog.  Did they like the material?  Did they find it helpful or interesting?  Did you already know that?  Do you want more info on the process of my designs?  Would you like to see more design boards for rooms to get ideas for your home?  Do you want to see more photos of my home?

So, I would love it if you left me a comment below telling me what YOU would love to see and read about here.  Already love some of the things I have been writing about, tell me and I will keep it going?!?!

In the meantime, here is a little sneak peek of what I have been working on..........


Just sent out another E-Design to a client in Cleveland, Ohio.  She requested a design for her entry way and dining room.


For the last couple of months, I have been designing a basement remodel that will include a bar area, stone fireplace, a kids' play area with built-ins, bathroom with marble floors, and even a mini stage for kids' karaoke!!  :)


The basement reno also includes moving around their kids' bedrooms.  Two are moving downstairs.  So I have a total of 3 kids' rooms and a nursery to design for this family as well.  I absolutely love designing kids' rooms because there really are no rules -- I can just go wild with color and pattern.


Another basement remodel that I just completed!!!  I am obsessed with how this space turned out.  I can't wait to show you all of the finished photos.  I'll be sharing paint colors, furniture and decor sources, and all of the how-to's in between.


This home is finally complete after about 6 months of almost completely gutting the house and turning it into a functional, modern home with craftsman details to match the style of the home.  This house flip was so much fun to work on and see the transformation.  It was definitely a different and new experience designing a home to sell.  There is a completely different mind set and design process when you aren't really designing a home for a particular client, but instead to appeal to many people in order to sell.  I will be posting all of the after pictures soon.  I am ready for the next one!

So, you can see I have been a little busy and have put blogging off for a few days.  But with SO many fun things to show you, I will be sharing all of these photos as soon I can get my photos edited!

Have a great week! Don't forget to share your ideas for blog posts below!!  Thanks.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica, I always follow your blog and was missing you! I have something I want to ask you about. We are a family of four (kids are 4 and 10) that bought a 4x3 single family home in Miami, FL, one year ago with a big backyard (with mango, avocado, papaya and mamey trees) which we love. The problem is that it is just an uneven lawn and dirt with big trees. We recently hosted a family reunion and everybody went home with dirty shoes (or feet... the ones in sandals). The space has a lot of potential but we are out of ideas. Do you know who could help me with some ideas? We would like to include a covered terrace (not sure the permits to do this here) with a big table to eat and entertain, a sitting area (there is already a small sitting area about 12'x12' in one side of the house that it gets use a lot to barbecue and it is connected to the backyard) but must of all: ideas on what to do with all this space in the back to make it ready to entertain kids and adults and to make it pretty and functional (always respecting the trees (huge ones) we love and gave us fruits every year). We currently have a big hammock that everybody enjoys and a swing for the kids. We wanted to include a pool but, even when we do have the space for a big one, we may not have the budget for that. For you to have an idea on terms of size: the lot area is about 11,000 sf (house included). The house itself is about 1800 sf. This is the first time I dare to contact a designer. We are a family in a "teachers" budget and don't think we can afford one but maybe your know one that could give us some ideas. I could send the surveyor sketched with the details of the area. Please advise, many thanks! Celeste (I am subscribed to your list, e-mail is celeste_maria@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing comments, questions, and suggestions! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...