Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Gray, Gold & Blush Nursery {Design Board}

Pink and Gray nurseries are all the rage right now.  I love the blush color of a baby girl nursery because it is soft and sweet and oh, so girly for a little one.  Blush is softer than a traditional pink and is a great backdrop for gray and gold tones throughout the room.  So, when I found out I was getting another niece in August and that my sister-in-law wanted to have a Pink & Gray nursery, I was so excited to help her put this room together for the soon to be family of 3!

The main goal for the space was to keep the colors soft and neutral, girly with some gold touches, and functional with a gray dresser used for a changing table.  So that she can grow into the space.  I will never design a nursery with a "baby theme"!  I hate when everything is matchy, matchy.  You must be able to take away the crib and still see a toddler loving the room!  You can see the nursery I designed for another niece of mine here.  


Top Furniture Items You NEED in a Nursery:
DRESSER AS A CHANGING TABLE -- if you have the space, I highly recommend choosing a dresser versus a standard changing table because it can become an investment piece the child will use for years and years to come.  Keep in mind the dimensions -- height should be tall enough for those diaper changes, and depth of the dresser should be wide enough for a changing pad. 
ROCKER -- I don't have kids but "they" say this is the most important piece in the room as most mommas will spend a lot of nights sleeping here.  So, we chose one that rocks, swivels, and reclines (for sleeping).  We actually wanted to choose a fabric that is light because most spills with babies are milk and spit-up, and stains will just blend in with the white fabric. 
SIDE TABLE WITH TABLE LAMP -- a small side table is necessary next to the rocker to have a place to set items during feeding times -- bottles, books, bibs, phone.  and a night light with a 3-way switch is great for night time feedings and book reading before bed. 
CRIB -- kind of a no brainer! 
DRAPES -- you will probably want some room darkening curtains for baby's good night (and day) sleep
CEILING LIGHT FIXTURE -- i guess this isn't a NEED, but an eye catching light can really make an entire room more special!

Everything else is just added details to personalize your new little bundle of joy's nursery! 


Here are some rooms we used as inspiration, we found on PINTEREST. 

found on PROJECT NURSERY

from CHARMING IN CHARLOTTE

When I first came across the work of HOUSE OF BELONGING, I fell in love with all of their hand painted signs.  I thought, we HAVE to incorporate something from them in this nursery.  When we found this sign, it was a done deal.  It is just perfect!  @houseofbelonging is a great Instagram follow as well! :) 

from HOUSE OF BELONGING on Etsy
When I think about their tiny little bundle of joy sleeping under that sign, it kind of makes my eyes well up with tears!  It is pretty much the icing on the cake!!  

And because this little darling has an Aunt that is an Interior Designer, I had to make sure her nursery was awesome, so we decided to do a large, graphic stencil with paint on one wall behind the crib.  I love Sarah M. Dorsey Designs because we have such similar taste and style.  So, I was immediately drawn to her stencils she designs and sells on Etsy.  This simple yet graphic pattern could be used in so many different areas.  It was originally bought to stencil a bathroom, but once this baby announcement came, we decided to make it a focal point for this little one's room. 

SARAH M. DORSEY DESIGNS

I will share all of the AFTER shots once all of the little details of the space is completed, but for now, here is a little sneak peek!!!   I can already imagine a tiny little baby all bundled up in that bed!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing comments, questions, and suggestions! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...