Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My Trip to IKEA!!!


Everyone loves Ikea!  I don't know anyone who doesn't.  Any trip to this enormous Marketplace is quite the event!  It is an all day adventure.  But a great, fun adventure.

 


My mom lives half way in between from where I live, Indianapolis, to my closest Ikea in Cincinnati, Ohio.  So an Ikea "trip" for me is a double bonus of hanging out with my mom and checking out all the new and most popular items in Ikea.  I have made the trek to Ikea a few times now, but it never gets old for me.  There are always new things they are introducing, there are SO many things to look at that most of the time I find something new I didn't even know they had.  The best thing about Ikea is the endless creativity you can have with their products.  From the unfinished dressers, to using a spice rack as a book ledge.  You can use their items in so many different ways!  And for the price, you don't feel bad to spray paint something that just doesn't come in the color you were looking for.


THESE ARE THE ITEMS THAT I ALWAYS BUY AT IKEA:




Somehow I always come home with food containers at Ikea.  I don't know how this exactly happens, but that low price just can't be beat, so I seem to always "stock-up" on my food containers while I am there.  I actually already have a set of these green and clear containers, but after 2 years some lids have shrunk in the dishwasher, some are stained with spaghetti sauce, and of course some missing lids.  So, for less than $5, I picked up another set.  I also have a set of the REDA Food Containers which are a set of 5 round containers that I use for everything!


I've talked about these artificial potted plants on my blog in the past probably a little more than I should but.....I LOVE THESE!  I can't help myself!  Probably the #1 thing to buy at Ikea.  Honestly, I have one of these potted plants in every single room of my house, that is how much I love them!  Why?  They look real!  They are the perfect size for decorating small areas, in bookcases, set on top a stack of books, or on a coffee table.  And for that price, you really can't find anything else like it out there.  I've looked!

They have lots of different pots to fit these artificial plants that range everywhere from $7 to $0.49.  My favorite is the galvanized metal pot.  For less than a $1 each, all of my plants have a pretty pot to sit in.  
I feel like Ikea is KNOWN for their simple white picture frames.  I have used them in my gallery wall in my home which you can see here in my HOME TOUR.  And I have seen them ALL OVER the blog world in other homes.  They come in multiple sizes at different price levels, but after shopping around, there is no one else out there that has a simple white modern frame like this.  They come with white mats for smaller images or just pop out the mat and you can frame larger images.  These frames now come in a great charcoal gray color too.  I picked up a couple of those too!


I seem to always pick up 1 or 2 of these 20x20 pillow inserts while I am there too.  Just to have a couple of back-ups in case of emergencies!!  It is often a challenge to find a pillow insert for less than $5 so these are good to have on hand.  As you know, I love pillows!  So I use these a lot when I purchase pillow covers on Etsy for myself or my clients.  Most of the pillows sold on Etsy are just the covers and don't come with any kind of insert.  So, these are a great pick up when you go to Ikea.  They come rolled up in a plastic cover, so I would just advise to unroll the pillow and store flat so it has time to fluff before you are ready to cover with your favorite pillow cover!

Yes, I actually did buy all of those items on my Ikea trip yesterday, plus some other great things for my clients.


WHAT I BOUGHT AT IKEA:


 KITCHEN DECOR:  Garden posters.  All three for less than $10.  I think they are going to be so cute framed and hung in the kitchen design I am working on right now for a client.  Wall clock.  And a simple vase for decorating above the kitchen cabinets. 


TRILLING poster set of 3

PUGG wall clock
SOCKERART vase

LIVING ROOM DECOR:  These black and white pillows come with the pillow insert already and are a little larger in size.  At only $12.99 for one, this might just be my favorite pillow Ikea offers.  And, of course, some storage.  These are going to set in the bottom shelves of a bookcase for my client's children's toys.  It is a great way to hide small storage in a living room and it still looks really pretty!
STOCKHOLM cushion
BLADIS black basket


THINGS I WISH I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT AT IKEA:



I don't know where I would hang this in my house, but for $12, I wish I would have bought this.  Just to have.  Just in case I find a place for it.  I think it is SO cool!


BILD poster

This rug would work in pretty much any room of my house.


As would this one....


I've been eyeing these chairs for a while now....it comes in this really awesome orange, red color!!

STRANDMON Wing Chair
After being a Kitchen + Bath Designer, I have mixed feelings on Ikea's quality of cabinets.  But after seeing all of the gray cabinets they have now, I am a little more impressed.  And if they are good enough for Sarah Richardson, they are good enough for me!




Another SUCCESSFUL trip to IKEA!!







3 comments:

  1. Love this Jessica! I just bought several of the same items on my recent trip to Ikea, including the 3 garden posters! I love them but now I feel like my kitchen wall might be too big of a space for them and I'm trying to think of something else I can hang up along with the prints. Any thoughts??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica, did you frame your garden posters with Ikea frames or with frames purchased elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I love IKEA and so wish it was just a little closer! I used more rustic frames from Hobby Lobby, but you could do anything with these. They look really great with a mat around them and a little bit larger frame!

      Delete

I love hearing comments, questions, and suggestions! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...