Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Navy + Gray Kitchen/Living Room Client Design Update

Whew!  That's one long title.....but I need to keep all my project titles straight...for you and for me!

I have made some progress on fabric choices for this client design!!  Fabric is my FAVORITE part of any design!!!  Usually I will start any design for a space with a textile.  It can be a great start for a color palette, paint colors, or an overall style and feel for the space. 

These are some of the fabric choices shown with the paint swatches.  We haven't decided on anything specific, I just know these are the ones I like.


These are also some choices for custom curtain panels we plan on getting made.  These are all from Fabric.com and I would definitely recommend ordering a sample of the fabric before ordering a large amount of fabric.  The samples are just $1.75 and sometimes they have coupons or free shipping over $35.  But it is worth the money to look at the weight of the fabric and to be sure the colors are true to what they look like on their website.


If you remember, from this post, the Kitchen + Living Room Color Palette is Gray and Navy Blue with hints of Black, White, Green, Yellow, and Turquoise.


I found the perfect fabric for custom curtains in the living room and the kitchen sliding glass doors.  The plan was to get two sets made for each of these windows.  I felt like the project was moving along great, fabric was getting ordered, and we were making progress!  Until the project was DERAILED! 


This fabric I chose for the curtain panel, that both my client and I fell in love with, had been DISCONTINUED!  The Dear Stella Ikebana Traditional Ikat in Green originally found on fabric.com was the perfect blend of green, white, navy blue, and gray.  I couldn't find this fabric anywhere now, just as we were to order it!  I looked online, I looked at local stores, I looked for similar fabrics....NOTHING!  So, I guess it just wasn't meant to be!  Back to looking at fabrics. 

Then, I came across this Kalah fabric in Blue at Calico Corners.  And I thought, hmmmm, I really like this, maybe even better than original.


So, when I did a little research on this fabric, I found it to be quite popular across the blog world and on Pinterest.  I had even pinned it a few times without remembering. 

via Honey & Fitz from Better Homes and Garden

via 6th Street Design School

via Better Homes and Garden

YES!  Now I really love these curtains.  The plan was to order the fabric from Calico Corners and still proceed to getting the custom curtain panels made.  Well, that was until I came across these on Overstock.com.


The same exact fabric as Calico fabric and the exact same size as the custom curtains we were planning on getting made, for much cheaper!!!  When designing a space on a budget, it is worth the time to shop around, shop the internet, and search for coupons.   I know it is very time consuming, but it can save a lot of money.  Hiring an Interior Designer can actually help you save money.  I know all of the hot spots to look for materials, and possibly some you may not know.  But most of all, I am the one doing all of the time consuming research, running around, finding the materials that people just don't have time to do these days!


I ordered the pre-made curtains and they look amazing!  Anytime you order something online, it is a bit of a gamble.  You can only hope the quality is going to be of your expectations.  But check their return policy and most items can be returned.  They were perfect!!  Great quality, well made, and great bold colors!  I can't wait to see them hung in my client's home. 

On another note, here is the original plan for bookcases on either side of the television.  I also plan to do a gallery wall above the television. 



And these are the bookcases ordered and fingers-crossed, should be arriving today! 


Again, budget friendly.  The Oxford Bookcase from Home Decorators Collection will be great for some added storage and displaying some decorative items, as well as hiding some cords from the tv.

There have been BIG changes in the Kitchen too.  If you missed that, you can see the progress of the Kitchen here! 

Tomorrow I am heading to IKEA to do some shopping for this client!!  Ikea trip!!  Woohoo!  I need to start a list! 


5 comments:

  1. Super jealous of your IKEA trip! I think we need to make that our next blogger outing! :) I really love the ikat pattern trend and need to incorporate it into our house. Really love your style!
    Eva Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style.

    I was wondering what the name of the red/blue floral design fabric was. Thank you so much.
    Becky Bennett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice information! I am intimidated by the excellence of information. There are a lot of high-quality funds here. I am sure I will visit this site again soon.
    I know something information,to know you can click here
    Kitchen showrooms Gold Coast
    Kitchens Gold Coast

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this with us! Some really amazing features.
    Good contest , it’s really helpful for new bloggers. All the best guys Thank you for your post. This is excellent information.
    To get new information visit here.. Kitchen showrooms Gold Coast
    kitchens gold coast

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Content.I have appreciate with getting lot of good and reliable information with your post.......
    Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......again, beautiful :) I love reading your posts. They make me happy . . I know something information, to know you can click here
    Kitchens Gold Coast
    Kitchen showrooms Gold Coast

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing comments, questions, and suggestions! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...