Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Quick & Easy DIY Christmas Card Display


Are you Christmas card people?

Do you send Christmas cards?  

Or just like to receive them?


Personally, I love receiving and seeing everyone's Christmas cards.  By December 1st they slowly start to trickle in the mail.  Let's be real, part of it is just the fun of getting something besides junk and bills in the mail, but the best part is seeing all the beautiful faces of the people I love most in my life!

As most of you will just hang your cards on the refrigerator, which is totally fine, I like to display them in a more fun, interesting way.  A place to really appreciate them more than just on my trips to the fridge!

This year I found a really easy way to display all of those Christmas cards.  It took no time at all and only cost a couple of bucks!  


This is what I started with.  A canvas wrapped artwork which is normally hanging in my bathroom.  It measures about 2 feet wide by 4 feet tall.  You will definitely need something big enough for lots of Christmas cards.  Or you could do the same with multiple canvas squares all hung together.


All I did here was attach my wrapping paper from Home Goods to the canvas artwork.  Luckily, some how, my wrapping paper was the exact same width as my artwork.  So I just had to cut it to the right height.  Leave a couple of inches at the top and bottom to wrap around and secure to the canvas frame.  Initially, I was going to staple the paper to the canvas frame, but once I tried a little tape and the paper stayed securely, I kept going with the tape.  

I used the same wrapping paper as I used to wrap gifts for a cohesive look.


This is what is looks like wrapped in paper and hung!  I even like it as is!




How should I attach the cards to the paper?!?  Washi tape!  I had this gold glitter washi tape that I had bought a while back.  It is perfect for this project.  I just cut two pieces at 2" each for the two corners of each card.  And wha-la!!





I love having these cards displayed in a more special way now.  They are in a central location to see all of these smiling faces of my beautiful friends and family.  And let's face it -- we all spend a lot of time deciding on which card design to choose.  There are so many gorgeous Christmas cards now.  So I love that they are really displayed like a piece of art!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing comments, questions, and suggestions! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...