Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

Why Should Mantles Have All the Fun?!?

December has flown by!!  I knew it would, but I can't believe Christmas is this week already!  I always have this long list of things to do during December it seems -- shopping, wrapping gifts, decorating, work, blog posts, baking, entertaining, shopping, wrapping!  :)

So I am crossing a few things off my list!  Not because I finished them, but  because I am not going to finish them!  I think my sanity is a little more important than a DIY wreath tutorial post that I didn't get to!!  Thanks for understanding!

DIY Front Door Wreath 
Decorating my Office
Christmas Decorating {Part 3}
DIY Christmas Artwork

But maybe I can get a few more Christmas posts out....before Christmas.............


I don't know about you, but I don't have a mantle.  Or a fireplace for that matter!  So, during the holidays, especially for Christmas, I kind of treat my entry way table as my "mantle" because you can style it in kind of the same way!

I start with something tall in the middle -- for me it's a tall antique, gold mirror from the den.  Then I layer in a table runner, an artificial garland of greenery, add in some pine cones and some Christmas decor.

















{sources}
"December 25" sign is from end of the year 2013 discount at Meijer
Silver Deer Head also end of year discount at Meijer
Red & Black Buffalo Check table runner is actually a scarf from Goodwill
Red Yarn Tree is a DIY from a couple years back
Paper Tree is DIY a couple years back from dictionary pages


I will be entertaining and hosting family on Christmas Eve at my house.  I love having a decorated entry way to greet my guests.

Only 3 more days till Christmas!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing comments, questions, and suggestions! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...