Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2015

E-Design to Guest Bedroom

An E-Design (design services through email) is perfect for those outside of the Indianapolis area or even for those of you wanting to complete the decorating yourself and may not want to spend the money on hiring a full-time designer.  This is a great chance to decorate a room all at once or at your own pace.  It allows you the opportunity to visualize the space with all of the pieces together before spending a lot of money on them.


I helped this client design their entire home as you can see here.  So when it came to the Guest Bedroom, they weren't ready to completely design it right away.  Instead, I decided to create a Design Board of the space for her, that she could shop from at her own pace.


This is the first Design Board I put together.  I chose Dutch Tile Blue by Sherwin Williams for the walls and the client asked for coral accents.  I love the combination of coral and blues.


I then came across this duvet cover from West Elm, on clearance, so the Design Board was changed to work around that.  I thought about different drapery options at varying prices -- high and low.  Left curtain in the chevron pattern was from West Elm and the one of the right is from Target.


I started to feel like there was too much blue.  So I switched to these creamy white curtain panels from Target and changed out the accent pillows when I fell in love with this Greek key pillow from Target.  This is the final Design Board I sent to the client.  With this, she received a precise shopping list to buy these exact pieces to create the room.

You can see the living room, master bedroom, and master bathroom I designed for them here.  

And some of the other design process for this home HERE and HERE.

Here is how the room is shaping up......


If you have been wanting to try a blue wall paint in a bedroom or bathroom, I would highly recommend this Dutch Tile Blue from Sherwin Williams.  I loved the color, yet softness of this paint.







{found out more about my E-Design services HERE!!


{photos are not best quality as I snapped them quickly with my phone!}


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing comments, questions, and suggestions! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...