Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

New Years Eve 2014!

This year's New Years Eve party was more about comfort and family than sparkly dress and big party!


 I rang in the New Year at my sister's house with some of our closest friends and a whole bunch of cousins.  I wanted to give this small event a little surprise and an activity that gets better as the night goes on, so what better way to do that than a photo booth!  I created a DIY photo booth with props and a backdrop that was easy and a big hit to make the night more memorable. 


There are lots of ideas on Pinterest for DIY Photo Booth backdrops and props but I kept it super easy with just some butcher paper as the backdrop.  (see my Parties! board on Pinterest for more ideas) 

http://www.pinterest.com/jessicastout/parties/

Out of all of the free printable props I found on Pinterest, I liked these by Erin of Strawberry Mommycakes for I Heart Nap Time the best! 

http://www.iheartnaptime.net/free-printable-new-year-photo-props/

I just downloaded the files, printed, cut them out, and attached them to some wood kabob sticks I already had lying around the kitchen. 


These are our props that we ended up with!


For the back drop, we just taped up two sheets of butcher paper, which can be found in huge rolls at your local hardware store.  It was taped directly to the wall with masking tape for easy removal.  We used a sharpie to print our title of choice directly onto the butcher paper.  (we double checked to be sure the Sharpie didn't bleed through!  It didn't!) 


We kept it simple with just "Happy New Year" and taped up some gold metallic balloons at the top.  We also used the Sharpie to write 2014 on the balloons.  


I also used the butcher paper to cover the bar top (easy clean-up).  This way you can write fun things on the paper, the name of the event, or even have guests write on the paper throughout the night.  I used it to label the food items with arrows!

 

We played some group games!


My niece celebrated her first NYE!

But overall, the Photo Booth was my favorite part of the night! Other than kissing my hubby at midnight! :-)


Next year we might have to make the backdrop a little bit bigger!  Some of my cousins are a little too tall for this one! 
 

The fun thing about a Photo Booth?  The pictures get more and more interesting as the night goes on!


Our Stay-at-Home New Years Eve 2014 Slumber Party was a hit! And the DIY Photo Booth made it just that much more memorable. 

Cheers to 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing comments, questions, and suggestions! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...