Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree {Trend Spotting}


If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw my excitement over these Oversized Fiddle Branches from Pottery Barn!  I literally saw these branches sticking out of a large vase at Pottery Barn and stopped in my tracks!  Thinking to my self -- "are those fiddle leaf fig branches?!?"  Oh, yes they were!!  I didn't even know you could get these in faux (fake) branches!!  I have only recently been seeing the fake trees versus real.  BUT branches!  Oh my!  I had to have them!

from Pottery Barn

Unfortunately, Pottery Barn no longer carries these online and there were only 2 left in the store.

Fortunately, that meant they were on clearance at $100 OFF Regular Price!!!  Regular Price was $130, I paid $30 each, and I had a coupon for $10 off!  I get excited about a really good deal like this!  Can you tell?  I have looked for additional branches online similar to these but I can't find anything this size under $100.  This might be the deal of the year for me!!

Pottery Barn 

So what's the big deal with these Fiddle Leaf Fig Trees?!?

Well, let me tell you............they are large, graphic and just gorgeous!!!

If you have been following any home design blog or read any decor magazine like HGTV or Elle Decor in the last 5 years, whether you know it or not, you have seen a Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree in the spaces.



Elle DECOR


I've always hesitated about buying one of these live indoor plants because 1. they are expensive (around $150-$200 for a full grown tree) and 2.  I usually kill every live plant I own.  So I wasn't about to spend over $100 on a tree for the house that has a chance to die.

But I still always dream about the Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree and its large, glossy leaves...

So, back to the branches I bought...

from Pottery Barn 
I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do with the 2 branches I bought from Pottery Barn.  Do I  just stick them in a vase together and set it in a corner and call it a day?  Do I separate them and put each in separate vases so I can use them around the house in different places?  I would really like to "plant" it to make it look more like a tree, but I am still trying to figure out how to make that happen!  When I figure it out, I will definitely show you what I decided to do.

I still want a real one, but these will do for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing comments, questions, and suggestions! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...